Have you been searching for the perfect way to spruce up your custom home? With so many different decor styles and ideas out there, it can be difficult to find the right way to decorate your entire home let alone a single room. Custom home decorating doesn’t need to be difficult, though. If you allow your personal taste and style to shine through, then you’ll end up loving the way you decorate your home. If you’re looking for custom home decorating inspiration, why not turn to black?
Custom Home Decorating Idea: Black Accents
Decorating an Indianapolis custom home can be a pretty tall order for anyone, no matter how much of personal style you have. And, while colors like white have been incredibly popular in recent years, you probably want something a little more original for your accent decor. That’s where black comes into play. It’s a timeless color that adds a level of sophistication to any home.
Here are some great black accent pieces for your home:
- Black Accent Wall: Hear us out on this one. It may seem like a little much to paint an entire wall black, but it’s actually the perfect canvas. For those who are a little skeptical of this idea, try it out behind your TV. You’ll notice that it makes your room feel a little bigger, plus it will make any color you put on the wall really pop.
- Black Cabinets: If your kitchen is one of the brightest rooms in your home, then consider toning down the light with black cabinets. To make it an accent piece, don’t turn all of the cabinets dark. Choose strategic cabinets like ones below your range or the ones over the range. If you have a desk area in the kitchen make it feel like a separate space with black cabinets and a black desk.
- Black Throw Pillows: A pretty obvious and subtle choice, but if your furniture is a light gray or even white, then black will be a stark contrast and actually appear much brighter. With black throw pillows you don’t have to worry as much about spills or anything like that.
- Black Trim Tiles: Bring an entirely new element and aesthetic to the tile in your kitchen or bathroom by trimming it in black tile. The black tile will create a border around the other tile giving it true definition while enhancing the color of the room.
- Black Front Door: This one won’t work for every custom home, but it certainly looks great with particular styles and colors. A black front door can bring a real richness to the exterior of your home. While it may not sound inviting, if the exterior of your home is a bright color, then the black door will add the perfect contrast. On the inside, a black door goes great with natural lighting, light wood tones, and muted colors.
Black may not be the best option for your custom home decorating, but it certainly brings a new level of sophistication to any home. Plus, the black accent breaks from the current trends, which means you’ll have a truly unique home.
Are you ready to start building your custom home? The Indianapolis custom home builders at Phil Myers Custom Homes would love to sit down with you and talk about your custom dream home. Schedule your appointment today!