With fall finally here, you’re no doubt looking for ways to add some of the great fall colors to your home’s landscaping. Just because plants aren’t usually
associated with fall doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy beautiful flowers on your porch and lining your walkways. Custom homes Indianapolis look
great when they have fall plants to ring in the season.
As you think about what plants will look great with custom homes Indianapolis, here are a few to help you get started:
- Mums: If you’re looking for an iconic fall plant, then you can’t beat the mum. Mums come in all colors and shades like maroon, yellow, and orange. The best part, these plants are hardy, so they can stand up to the cooler weather better than most plants do and they’re easier to take care of than other plants.
- Calendula: Love daisies? Calendula are beautiful orange and yellow flowers that kind of branch out and get as tall as two feet. They love sunny areas, but they look great bunched together or in containers.
- Candytuft: Aside from having a great name, these white flower clusters have long stems and are great for bringing indoors as bouquets. These flowers need well-drained soil and should be trimmed to stimulate new growth.
- Erica: These small leaves grow small flowers and look great in large open areas. Typically they grow as a sprawling shrub, so they’ll take over garden beds, but they add a great hint of deep purple to a yard’s landscaping.
- English Primrose: Typically, primroses bloom in warmer months, but English Primrose and a few other varieties grow really well in cooler months. These flowers usually bloom alone or in clusters and can grow 8 to 12 inches tall. The best part? They come in almost any color.
- Violas: Related to pansies, the viola is a great cooler weather plant because they’re much more durable and really add great colors to the landscape. They come in blue, yellow, white, and bicolor varieties, so there is a variety of options.
Remember that fall plants are about adding color to your home. Choose flowers that you can work with, but also choose ones that will look great in your yard and complement the color of your home.
If you’re ready to talk custom homes Indianapolis, then the team at Phil Myers Custom Homes is ready to sit down and talk with you about what you’re looking for. Our experts can help you determine the right layout and style of your home and we’ll even help you figure out your landscaping.